Nautilus spatial "Places" menu

After playing with Nautilus 2.6 for a while, I'm completely sold.
However, I'm wondering if there's an easy way to add entries to the "places" menu? I know that I can add entries to the menu by editing "/usr/share/gnome-2.0/ui/nautilus-spatial-window-ui.xml", but then I have menu entries that don't do anything.

Because this was bothering me, I dug into the code, and created a patch that reads a "uri" entry in said xml file to make this work.

Is there an easier way?

Thanks.

---Scott Hunt (currently a crazy hybrid XFCE4 / KDE / Nautilus user)