Re: Icons during dragging (should have text part IMHO)

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 03:38, Shaun McCance wrote:
> Super-imposing a progress bar on the file would be much more useful.
> When I look at a progress bar, I can immediately tell how far along it
> is, to a certain degree of accuracy.  A fade-in effect on top of that
> could look really nice, as long as it didn't get in the way.  (Please
> don't start it at 0%, though!)

I agree that a progress indicator of some type should be super-imposed
on the icon.  Perhaps instead of a bar over the icon, it could be a
circular widget added as a file-emblem?  This would prevent the
indicator from completely obscuring the icon, while still being in a
place users expect to see "extra" file-related emblems pop-up.  The
circle could start empty and gradually shade itself in clockwise as the
file operation progresses.  Just a thought,

Todd