Re: can't eject floppies/cd-roms

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 01:28, Stephen Fralich wrote:
> I have a problem that doesn't make any sense.  I am trying to make a
> stripped down RH 9 configuration for deployment in our public computer
> labs, however ejecting media does not work.  You can mount floppies
> without a problem using the "Disks->Floppy" option on the desktop
> menu, but ejecting doesn't work.  What is strange is that to mount the
> floppy "/bin/mount /mnt/floppy" runs when you click Disks->Floppy,
> however, when you right click on the disk and select eject, nothing
> happens.  On an out-of-the-box RH config the "eject floppy" command
> runs, and everything works great.  So why one shell command can run on
> my config, but the other cannot is the confusing part.  On my config,
> you can run the eject command from the commandline and the floppy
> disappears from the desktop.
>
> If anyone knows what I could be missing that would prevent eject from
> working, but allow mount to work, let me know.  Also if anyone knows
> how I could enable logging of the shell commands nautilus executes, so
> I can see what's going wrong, that would be great too.  Thanks a lot,

Try running nautilus under strace and see what fails when trying to
eject.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an uncontrollable arachnophobic romance novelist with no name. She's an
enchanted hypochondriac soap star who hides her beauty behind a pair of
thick-framed spectacles. They fight crime!