Re: properties dialog relationship to displayed selection

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 18:48, Mathieu Lacage wrote:
> I was thinking to something like a per-nautilus-window property-window.
> This would allow you to have two property windows if you have two
> nautilus windows...

If it was going to be per-window, there would probably be an argument
for just making the Properties dialog update dynamically according to
the selection in its associated window anyway.  Even without that
though, you run into the problem of how the user knows which window is
associated with which.  If that was in addition to your original
suggestion of windows disappearing without any direct interaction with
them, I think it could all get a bit confusing...

Cheeri,
Calum.