Re: eel input focus patch

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 05:08:29PM +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 16:57, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > Havoc just told me that using RevertToNone in XSetInputFocus is bad,
> > since that means you can lose the input focus. hp knows the details of
> > this. Is this ok to commit?
>
> I'd have to know what bug this solves, or is likely to solve, from a
> user's perspective. I doubt that it's something very generic, or people
> would be losing focus all over Nautilus.

If you set input focus with RevertToNone and the window being focused
is unmapped or otherwise unfocused, the keyboard is completely
disabled until someone calls SetInputFocus again. In the worst case
(if you have no window manager) you may have to ctrl+alt+backspace
because there's no way to type anything or cause SetInputFocus to be
called.

Rob Adams was looking for RevertToNone examples since we are getting
occasiional reports of "my keyboard stopped working!" vs. metacity.

Havoc