Re: Nautilus and cdda

On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 22:49, Spider (D. Lj.) wrote:
> Hello folks,
>    I'm looking around at the nautilus code attempting to find a good
> solution to some package related problem with nautilus and cdparanoia.
> The questions involved are quite basic. Just why is nautilus linking to
> libcdda, and why there isn't a configure check for it.

It uses libcdda to figure out if a cd is an audio cd.  It treats them
differently.

It does use a configure check:

AM_CONDITIONAL(HAVE_CDDA, false)
AC_CHECK_HEADERS(cdda_interface.h cdda_paranoia.h, [
        CDDA_LIBS="-lcdda_paranoia -lcdda_interface"
        AM_CONDITIONAL(HAVE_CDDA, true)
        ])

> Could somone explain what the "volume" means in
> libnautilus-private/nautilus-volume-monitor.c ?

It means "volume" as in "mounted volume" - a mounted partition, floppy,
cd, etc.

> Currently my view is that nautilus is bloated as is, and got a lot of
> external references and packages "needed" down the line, so I'm a more
> than a bit reluctant to add even more with cdparanoia.

That's good to know.

-dave