Re: Nautilus and cdda

begin  quote
On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:47:21 +0530
Dave Camp <dave ximian com> wrote:

> It uses libcdda to figure out if a cd is an audio cd.  It treats them
> differently.

How is this visible to the end user wether cdda was enabled or not?
Meaning, will end-users suffer immensly from lost functionality because
I hadn't installed cdparanoia on the build-server?

> It does use a configure check:
>
> AM_CONDITIONAL(HAVE_CDDA, false)
> AC_CHECK_HEADERS(cdda_interface.h cdda_paranoia.h, [
>         CDDA_LIBS="-lcdda_paranoia -lcdda_interface"
>         AM_CONDITIONAL(HAVE_CDDA, true)
>         ])

Yes, it uses a silent check , but not a verbose one where this is
actually displayed. As a package maintainer its quite annoying when
dependencies aren't documented except in the configure scripts, and then
finding that this isn't easily disabled.

(yes, I know that I can edit config.h, add an
AM_CONDITIONAL(HAVE_CDDA,false) at the end or remove the actual check,
but thats not "easy" )

> > Could somone explain what the "volume" means in
> > libnautilus-private/nautilus-volume-monitor.c ?
>
> It means "volume" as in "mounted volume" - a mounted partition,
> floppy, cd, etc.

Okay, so the check is against /dev/cdrom for detection of what is in the
physical drive (since audio-cd's cannot be mounted) , am I correct here?

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!