RE: shift=and-close-the-current-folder?

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 12:26, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > From: Alexander Larsson [mailto:alexl redhat com]
> > You're missing one thing: shift-click is extend selection in
> > the list view (and we want to extend this to the icon view
> > too), so shift-double-click doesn't work well (it can unselect items).
>
> I didn't realise that it would have that effect. Isn't it OK if the item is
> reselected afer the 2nd click of the shift-double-click? That's actually
> what happens now.

Eh? Which would be reselected? shift-click unselection is quite
complicated. It depends on both what was selected and which item was
selected last.

Simple example:
range select a list with shift-click, then shift-click on any selected
item but the one you clicked last. Now items between the shift-clicked
one and the last one gets unselected.

Things get even more complicated if you mix this with non-range selects
made using i.e. ctrl-click.

> > Of course, this is the defaults. We still allow users to map
> > <whatever>-arrow to switch workspaces.
>
> I don't think the majority of people are going to change the defaults.
> Actually, I couldn't even find how to do it in Red Hat 9.

Of course not. Thats why we have to take care setting them.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a bookish chivalrous vagrant with nothing left to lose. She's a psychotic
African-American snake charmer from out of town. They fight crime!