PPP dialer (Re: Bug with volume handling in 2.3.2)

Petri Kanerva wrote:
On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 15:40, Alexander Larsson wrote:
This should be fixes in CVS now. Could you test it?

Sorry, but no. My home machine is behind a modem, so the download would
abe a pain. And the machine I use to get the released packages is a
win-machine, and I'v had bad experiences with win cvs. So if someone
would make a package of the cvs and put it somewhere for me to dl, or
tell me about a working win cvs software.

BTW, is there some plan to add a decent PPP dialer to the GNOME Desktop
applets/utilities? Many users are still limited by modem connections,
and it's a shame that I can only suggest to use KPPP (I myself have
broadband at the university but only a plain old telephone line at home,
and the assorted utilites available under GNOME/GTK never worked for me
or my friends). Worse, I guess that third world countries will follow
the same route, i.e. PPP connections for a looong time before having the
luxury of an ADSL line.

I believe this point has been raised on Footnotes several times in the
past. Hope it will be considered by the GNOME developers.

[Sorry for the cross posting]

Ciao

Roberto Rosselli Del Turco      e-mail:	rosselli at cisi.unito.it
Dipartimento di Scienze			rosselli at ling.unipi.it
del Linguaggio			Then spoke the thunder	DA
Universita' di Torino		Datta: what have we given?  (TSE)

  Hige sceal the heardra,     heorte the cenre,
  mod sceal the mare,       the ure maegen litlath.  (Maldon 312-3)