Re: "Keep Aligned" mode in nautilus

 * sort by [type, name, etc]
 * do not show "Home" icon [y/n]
 * do not show "Trash" icon [y/n]

I'm not sure how useful these would be to most people.
I've seen quite a few posts in other forums where people are wondering how they can remove the "home" and "trash" Icons, or possibly rename them.... Also I would love to be able to arrange my desktop icons by type rather than by name. Since icon appearance is determined by type, it's much easier to find one when they're sorted by type.. Are we ever going to have the ability to "clean up by ____" whether it be name, type, size, or whatever?? What about having a right-click option that says "Clean up by... " and have a sub-menu that lists all the options.. kind of like how windows does it (pls don't hurt me) :-)

* allow user to specify "fixed" icons, for instance, "home" icon stays at (x,x) position, "trash" icon stays at (x,x) position, "Documents icon stays at (x,x) position"

Getting a good ui for this sort of thing seems tough.  I think it would
be kinda neat to have a desktop layout mode that put special icons in
special places, but I haven't thought much about the best way to do
that.

Actually, now that I think more about it, the best way to do this is to be able to right click an icon and check something that says "lock icon's position" so that if I do a clean up by name or type, it won't move that icon. What do you think about this?