Re: nuking home and trash icons

"onculus" <onculus indiatimes com> wrote:
> How can I do this?  (I have gnome 2.0 and nautilus 2.06; I can upgrade if
> I need to.)

        As far as I know there's now clean way of removing the trash or
the home icon.  The main reason I can see for this is that otherwise you
would also need to provide a way for adding these special icons back
again, adding clutter to the context-menu of the background for example.

         There's a workaround though, which is to hide the icons
underneath your panel.  I.e.:

        1. Move the panel to some other edge of the screen.

        2. Move the icons to the edge of the screen where the panel was.

        3. Move the panel back.

        This is obviously not an ideal solution, but it does the job.

Regards,
Lars