Re: Can't open trash://

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 18:45, Dennis Cranston wrote:
> --- Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:
> >
> > This is an unfortunate problem with out current setup. If you manage to
> > get a screwed up view for a directory there is no way to set it back. We
> > should probably be falling back to a well-known view.
> >
> > A quick fix is to remove $home/.nautilus/metafiles/trash\:.xml
> >

> Should I file a bug report for the "falling back to well-known view" feature?

Sure.

> Unfortunately, the problem appears to be more complicated.  I deleted the file and restarted
> nautilus but opening the trash gives the same error dialog.  In fact, I deleted my entire home
> folder (including all hidden files) and the problem persists.  So, there must be another file
> responsible for this.  BTW if I create a new user, the new user has the same problem.  Is there
> another possible configuration file?

Hmmm. Strange. There is the .server files for the different views. But
if the other views work for other directories those should be ok.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an impetuous arachnophobic librarian who must take medication to keep him
sane. She's a transdimensional antique-collecting mechanic with only herself
to blame. They fight crime!