Re: Can't open trash://

--- Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:

> This is an unfortunate problem with out current setup. If you manage to
> get a screwed up view for a directory there is no way to set it back. We
> should probably be falling back to a well-known view.
>
> A quick fix is to remove $home/.nautilus/metafiles/trash\:.xml

Should I file a bug report for the "falling back to well-known view" feature?

Unfortunately, the problem appears to be more complicated.  I deleted the file and restarted
nautilus but opening the trash gives the same error dialog.  In fact, I deleted my entire home
folder (including all hidden files) and the problem persists.  So, there must be another file
responsible for this.  BTW if I create a new user, the new user has the same problem.  Is there
another possible configuration file?