Re: Patches improving tree view (multi-root and auto-follow)

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 17:18, Peter Harvey wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 01:03, Jürg Billeter wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 16:36, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > > What about keeping the current selected dir when the view changes
> > > location, but expand the location, while doing our best to not scroll
> > > the old selected row off the screen?
> > >
> > > That way you could get e, but still not break b.
> > Interesting idea but I fear that this could confuse some users when
> > something in the tree gets expanded like magic but not selected
> > (selection would be a feedback that this is the current directory). I
> > strongly prefer the sync-button to this idea.
> >
> > Jürg
>
> Is there any other way of indicating that a directory is the current
> one? Like making the name of the directory bold? Or outlining it with a
> dotted line of the selection colour (though I'd prefer bold text
> myself)? I don't know how hard this would be to add to the Gtk tree
> control (if that is what is being used here).
That would probably not be that hard to implement but I think that the
most confusing thing is that the current directory will be many times
out of sight (because we would indentedly not scroll). IMO we should
either really follow with scrolling and selecting or we should only sync
on click.

Jürg