Re: spring loaded folders

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 10:28:55PM +0000, MArk Finlay wrote:
[snip]
> That one is relatively minor though, Spring loaded folders is a major
> feature IMHO, and appart from anything we'd get slated as copying mac
> and not inovating.

So just because it isn't new it shouldn't be done?  I'm not sure I agree
with that.  I agree that gnome/kde/windows shouldn't just blindly copy
each others features and should try to make *better* (more innovative)
features, but I don't think that good UI design/features should be
ignored simply because they have been done before.  Apple does have some
street cred with UI design (or so the voice in my head tell me), and
although I've never personally used them, I've heard enough people
preach about SLFs that I would love to have that functionality available
in nautilus/etc.

The other better question might be "what would be an easy and gnome-ish way
to allow someone to copy data from one folder to another without having to
open two nautilus windows?"

Regards,

Alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"The only thing that experience teaches us is that experience teaches