Re: Nautilus as a web browser

On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 04:23, Julien Olivier wrote:
> Hi
>
> Excuse me if I'm naive but I had to ask that.
>
> I read in a lot of places that Galeon 2 was hardly going to become
> GNOME2's web browser.
>
> I don't know if that's true or wrong but it made me wonder why not
> making Nautilus a web browser. Is it very difficult to use Gecko or
> GtkHTML in it and make it a full browser (with JavaScript, DHTML, CSS
> and plugins) or is it a philosophical choice not to bloat it with web
> functions ?
>
> IMO, Nautilus is already far more than a file manager so making it a web
> browser seems logical.
>
> What do you think of that ?

Use epiphany, it's a better web browser than nautilus could ever be. The
only thing in common between a file manager and web browser are uris and
there are those of us on the ui team, who wish these weren't even
exposed to the user via the ui. Of course I'm not speaking for the
nautilus maints, and this is ultimately their decision.

dave