Re: Removing background patterns/colors

<quote who="Christian Neumair">

> What's your point? Why do you need them? You could use emblems to
> distinguish folders with the same name, too, we just need a way to present
> those better (they are actually USED although they have a crappy UI).

Emblems are just icons. By allowing users to change the colour or image in
folders, they can more easily distinguish important folders. This is far
more useful in spatial nautilus than it was before, too. For instance, I may
want my personal documents folder on my work machine to have an obviously
different background, so I know I have to think about it more. I might want
to make the background of a confidential documents folder red, or have a
subtle background of exclamation marks or something like that - makes me
very aware of how important that folder is.

> We already removed this custom theming capability for the sidebar, why
> should it stick for the folder?

Ah, but it's not custom theming. :-)

- Jeff

                              Perl - The Movie