Re: Removing background patterns/colors

<quote who="Christian Neumair">

> When trying to redesign the "Backgrounds and Emblems" dialog, I just
> noted that I've never used the background feature. It seems to be a
> Nautilus theme relict that actually uses nobody. I propose to simply
> remove the background pattern/color handling code when it comes to non-
> Desktop folders.
> Comments, suggestions? Any serious users out there relieing on that
> feature?

I don't use it because the UI is suboptimal. However, it becomes far more
useful with spatulus [1], because folders actually mean something again.
Definitely worth leaving in, but it needs some interaction work.

- Jeff

[1] Buy nine spatulas and get the tenth one for JUST ONE PENNY.

   "People keep asking me why we aren't married, and he says, 'Every time
   I am about to ask you, you do something annoying'." - Kate Beckinsale