Re: What about these (old/annoying) bugs ?

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 13:15, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 11:04, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> > * Desktop:
> >
> > - DND a dir from a read only dir/media to the Desktop should be
> >   associated to copy, not move
> >
> >   bug: 119467, 80694
>
> As martin commented, this is pretty hard to fix. However, I fixed it to do
> the same as normal directories, so you'll get copy as the default if the
> source is on another filesystem.
Hi,

Don't you think, that copy, in general, should be only for read-only and
removable media?
In Unix world you have one consistent directory structure.
As administrator I want to hide all physical structure from the user.
Users normally don't know if eg. /home/projects/telecom is on the same
partition as /home or it is /dev/sda7 mounted under
/home/projects/telecom.
And think about symlinks, which can point to another filesystem
transparently (mostly) for the user.
So they are crazy finding out why at one time the default option is to
move, and at another time it is to copy.

Regards,

Olaf