Re: unable to browser samba shares with smb:///

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 15:08, Raul Acevedo wrote:
I'm running GNOME 2.4 (GARNOME 0.27.1 build), and I can't view Samba
shares in Nautilus using "smb:///".  Nautilus gives me a "Sorry,
couldn't display all the contents of "smb:///"." error.

If I look in ~/.xsession-errors, I see the following:

    do_is_local(): smb:///

    ** (nautilus:20630): WARNING **: Hit unhandled case 4 (Invalid
       parameters) in fm_report_error_loading_directory
    do_is_local(): smb:///

Any ideas?  I can browse and do all things Samba using smbclient and
smbmount just fine, except this.

Raul

I am running Gnome 2.2.2 and I get the same response. I found that you can use Konqueror from the Gnome desktop and you can access your Samba shares that way. The only 'trick' to that is that if you want to copy or move a file from Konqueror, it has to be to another Konqueror window. I asked about this earlier and no one even acknowledged it was a problem. I thought it was something I was doing wrong. Anyone out there know of a solution?

Don Henson