feature request: ..-entry in file list

i miss one simple feature, which every simple file browser has:

the ..-entry, which brings me up one folder in the hierarchy. okay, there's the up-button in the toolbar. it's fine to navigate, but it doesn't allow drag'n'drop.

my suggestion would be to have an option "Show ..-entry" in File Management Preferences after "Show hidden and backup files".

just a small review of the discussion i had with myself:

well, one could ask: a ..-entry would allow to move something to the parent-folder, but it would not provide, for example, to move two folders up. so isn't it arbitrary to pick up just that one folder?

no, it isn't. by picking up exactly that one folder, you have the possibility to drag'n'drop a file theroetically to every place on the disk with only one nautilus-window, without side pane and without cut'n'paste. well, you need some steps.

--
Nicolas Dietrich
University Uppsala