Re: cancel open dialoge confusion

> I assume nautilus still keeps trying to load the page even while the
> alert is displayed?  If so, an alert doesn't really feel like the right
> thing to me here, I'd expect something more like an indeterminate
> progress indicator[1]:
>
> +--------------------------+
> |                          |
> | Opening {URI}            |
> | |---[////]-------------] |
> |                          |
> |                [Cancel]  |
>
> And if it doesn't keep trying to load the page, why not? :)

I think it keeps trying. Because if you don't touch the dialog, it
disappears when the page is loaded. So I guess your idea is better
because it shows users that the loading is going on. The dialog I
proposed implies that the loading is stopped, which is not the case
AFAIK, and which, anyway, shouldn't be the case.

--
Julien Olivier <julo altern org>