Re: File sharing with Nautilus

This being an integration issue, would it be raising this on the samba mailing list and possibly xdg? I am sure there are some samba people who would love to contribute...

Parsing config files is yucky. Which smb.conf is actually being used, and is it readable by the user? Do different versions of samba have different formats (eg. upcoming v3.0 - I don't know)? Would it be better to build something into samba - then you could also do things like show if a share is mounted anywhere.

Maybe it would even be possible to generalize a simple protocol that could be used for webDAV or nfs, etc as well?

Regards,
Long