Re: MIME bindings

Markus Bertheau <twanger bluetwanger de> writes:
> Shouldn't nautilus rather display a dialog like "gimp-remote: command
> not found"? (Maybe "GIMP not correctly installed")

The thing is that on loading the MIME data files, gnome-vfs just
filters out any applications that aren't in your PATH. This lets us
ship MIME data files that contain all possible apps, and then
whichever one the user has is used.

However, the GUI probably shouldn't have let me associate the missing
GIMP executable with an action.

Havoc