Re: What the hell is wrong with Nautilus

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 11:19, John Fleck wrote:

> I don't think this changes Alex's point. Adding scripts is not free. As
> soon as they become part of Nautilus, they must be maintained and
> documented. Nautilus development is resource-limited. That is the
> problem, not a lack of ideas for how to make Nautilus better or more
> useful.

I never said free.  They do take real maintenance but less than dealing
with integrating some of the features directly into Nautilus.

It is a shame that more programmers are not involved in this project
considering how extensible and powerful the Nautilus model is especially
with views and nautilus scripts and such.

--
Johnathan Bailes	BAE Systems ESI

 "UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because
 that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn
---