Re: What the hell is wrong with Nautilus

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 09:15, Johnathan Bailes wrote:

> I also proposed some low maintenance solutions to part of the issues I
> mentioned.
>
> Including in the Nautilus package some of the best nautilus scripts that
> emulate many of the uncoded features listed would help a great deal in
> not only added functionality but showcasing one of the file manager's
> best features.

I don't think this changes Alex's point. Adding scripts is not free. As
soon as they become part of Nautilus, they must be maintained and
documented. Nautilus development is resource-limited. That is the
problem, not a lack of ideas for how to make Nautilus better or more
useful.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead