Lazy view coding

tor 2002-10-03 klockan 23.46 skrev Dave Bordoley:

> Also sort of off topic but it would be cool to be the properties page
> somewhat plugable so that that mime specific properties can be included
> in the dialog (ex. for mp3s allow id3 tag editing as this is a property
> of an mp3 file that user might actually want to change).

I had some plans about a Subversion view, but gave up when I saw that
Apotheke (the cvs view) had to reimplement the list widget...

It would be really great if views could modify the list- and iconviews,
instead of replacing them. That way user view preferences would be
honoured, and you would need to write less code.

Here are my list of the most basic functions needed to do something
like TortoiseCVS (http://www.tortoisecvs.org/) without
reimplementing the list/icon view

- filter the files to be displayed
- add columns, cell renderers and callbacks
  to the list view
- hide columns
- replace cell renderers
- add items to the context menu
- add tabs to the file propery dialog
- hook into the file operation callbacks

 This should of couse be done without Bonobo...

	- Jens