Re: `New' sub-menu in desktop's rightclick-menu

Lars Weber wrote:

> this is perhaps nothing for the Gnome 2.0 release anymore because of the
> UI-freeze but as there already four `New ...' items in the desktop's
> rightclick-menu I wonder whether they should be moved to their own `New'
> sub-menu like in the following mockup:
>
>   <http://me.in-berlin.de/~lars/cruft/nautilus-rightclick.png>

I think we should try to avoid submenus in context menus as much as
possible... a context menu should be short enough that they're not
required.  I think it would make more sense to remove "Use Default
Background"

> A related thing that I think would be useful (and can also be seen in the
> screenshot) is to add the ability to create panels from that menu.

I like that idea.  If the Panel Preferences dialog actually let you
change the style of a panel (which it really should, but doesn't), then
all you would need would be a single menu item that popped up that
dialog.

Cheeri,
Calum.