Re: 'show properties' for launchers

On 13 May 2002, Alex Graveley wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2002-05-13 at 16:06, Alex Larsson wrote:
> > On 13 May 2002, Alex Graveley wrote:
> > > [1] - Possibly this should also be modified to allow emblem selection,
> > > and show the emblems in the panel menu somehow.  In the tooltip maybe?
> >
> > The right solution is to add pluggable property tabs to the properties
> > dialog. We don't have time to do that for Gnome 2.0.0 though, but we can
> > probably do them later.
>
> Perhaps, but in the short term we need 1) a way to edit .desktop files
> from nautilus and 2) to make the file properties pane not contain
> conflicting settings (custom icon).  I think replacing the standard Show
> Properties dialog with that of gnome-desktop-item-edit kills both
> problems.

1) Why is there suddenly an absolute need to edit desktop files from
Nautilus. We managed all of gnome 1.4 without this. Your proposal
basically makes it impossible to change permissions, emblems or look at
properties of desktop files, in favor of an over-complicated desktopfile
editor.

2) I don't think this is a huge problem.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a notorious albino househusband moving from town to town, helping folk in
trouble. She's a violent African-American Hell's Angel in the wrong place at
the wrong time. They fight crime!