Re: 'show properties' for launchers

> 1) Why is there suddenly an absolute need to edit desktop files from
> Nautilus. We managed all of gnome 1.4 without this. Your proposal
> basically makes it impossible to change permissions, emblems or look at
> properties of desktop files, in favor of an over-complicated desktopfile
> editor.

My earlier patch to add an 'Edit Launcher' button to the dialog would
accomplish this while keeping original functionality.

> 2) I don't think this is a huge problem.

I am not sure if it's a huge problem ... but it's definitely annoying
that you can't rename files. I actually submitted a patch once that
allowed you to rename .desktop files like any other file by setting the
Name property in the .desktop file.

The patch got lost in the Gnome 1 -> 2 move, but I can clean it up and
resubmit it, if anyone is interested.

- Frank