Re: [Usability]Re: Accelerator for New Window
- From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org>
- To: "Liam R. E. Quin" <liam holoweb net>
- Cc: David Moles <david moles vykor com>, usability gnome org, nautilus-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Usability]Re: Accelerator for New Window
- Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 02:35:57 -0700
On 08May2002 02:36PM (-1000), Liam R. E. Quin wrote:
> Of course, Unix shell users have another set... as do vi users.
> The first question to ask is this:
>  To what extent is it acceptable to disenfranchise Unix programmers
> and experienced Unix users?
> An environment that's hostile to these people may lose
Experienced Unix users are educable to a surprising extent. Although I
will admit I have not yet given up emacs in my new life as a Mac
>  How can such users be accommodated?
> For example, loadable key-binding sets? That can make it hard for
> people staffing help desks or sharing a desktop.
Gtk+ supports keybinding themes.
>  Could a mechnism for  help users of other systems too, such
> as Macintosh, Windows, CDE, OpenWin, etc?
These systems are pretty consistent with each other for common
] [Thread Prev