[Nautilus-list] Favorites button (sub-flamage-thread :-), was "Desktop folder")

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 22:16, David Emory Watson wrote:
    On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 12:11, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
    > Currently the "tigert's Home" icon *is* visible also if your desktop is
    > the homedir. I just did a trick to hide it since I dont need it much.
    > (and if I do, I just open some folder and click the home-button)

    BTW, I am looking into making the home-button configurable (I'd rather
    have it take me to my Documents directory).

On OSX you can add your "Music", "Documents", "Pictures", "Movies" etc
folder buttons to the toolbar. Might make sense for us too to be able to
drag a folder to the toolbar or something.. It could be tricky to
implement though, but would be great.

NO WAIT. This is what the "favorites" feature is for, we could add
"Favourites" button to the toolbar, so it'll be 2 clicks to get to the
favourite folders. First click the button to open favorites: (favorites:
works already) and then to select the location of your choice.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::