Re: SV: [Nautilus-list] Desktop folder

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 05:10, Peter Snyder wrote:

A bigger, and
 potentially more confusing problem here is the fact that there is
 still a [User]'s home icon on the desktop to... the desktop.  Makes
 things rather confusing.  If nautilus is going to uses the home dir
 for the desktop, there should not be a link to the home dir on the
 desktop.

Yea. I think the home icon should be hidden if desktop is set to
homedir.

But there is an easy fix we noticed: if you do this:

   mv "tigert's Home" ".tigert's Home"

it gets hidden (because it becomes a dotfile) and for some reason
Nautilus does not recreate the original filename. Whee :-)

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::