Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: Desktop folder

For what it's worth, I switched over this morning to using my homedir
for a desktop.  The arguments people were making made sense. It took me
a few minutes to clean up (basically moving my 'music', 'documents',
'code', 'graphics' etc. folders into one 'files' folder), and then it
was back to business as usual.

I think this will prove to be a big usability improvement for new
users.  It takes away having to learn the concept of a "Desktop".
Instead it just works: the user logs in and sees their files.  When they
save a file to their home directory, it appears in front of them.

Abe