Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: Desktop folder

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 18:25, bordoley msu edu wrote:
    2. use the home dir.(not a bad idea, now that i've spent more time
    thinking about it, tigert it's growin on me, just need to make sure that
    program specific files stay hidden).

Yea. I mean, it has issues. But the idea looks attractive and very
simple. And it has been working great for a year for me. It's just that
some people dont like the idea (and probably the reason is that they
just want to use the system in a different way, which is okay, this is
probably one of the things that should be configurable)

My point is, there are issues, but I am starting to think it is a worse
thing to drop the idea because of the issues, since it seems to simplify
a LOT of things and seems so awfully logical that you start to wonder
what is wrong with it..

So, so far I have been hiding my "annoying" folders under the panel and
enjoyed the benefits. And I see more and more people who really tell me
the same as you. Not that this is some crazy personal crusade of mine,
but it just looks like a good idea.

I mean, if there is a separate desktop dir, we need fileselectors to
take those into account, but what if there was no separate desktop dir?
That is what I have here and I like it a lot. Far more than I get
annoyed by the few dirs some apps want to put there.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::