Re: SV: [Nautilus-list] Desktop folder

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 09:42, Frank Worsley wrote:
    > I did it the other way around - before Nautilus even had a "Use ~ as the
    > desktop", I was linking the (then) Desktop directory to ~ to see what it was
    > like.
    >
    > I've never gone back; it makes too much sense.

    I personally wouldn't want it like this. I often ssh into my machine
    from school/work, meaning I am at the command line and not a pretty GUI.
    When I do an ls on my home dir I don't want to see a bunch of .desktop
    files and other crap that I keep on my desktop. Stuff like that just
    doesn't make sense from a command line point of view. I like the
    seperation of 'files I work with' going into the home dir and 'app
    launchers and shortcuts' going onto the desktop.

alias ls="ls --ignore=\*.desktop"

will help you with that.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::