Re: [Nautilus-list] Bug #42825, IDE device names in hardware view....

On 13 Mar 2002, Glen Gray wrote:

> Seems most of the votes are leaning toward "dismemberment".
>
> However I would agree that this could be a really nice feature/view if
> maintained and enhanced a little. I certainly would love to give it a
> go. It would be a good place for me to get my bearings with Nautilus.
> However I don't want to waste my efforts if it's not going to be in the
> longterm feature list.
>
> To sum up, as the Hardware View stands, it's useless. You have to type
> in the URI to get to it and it only displays a small amount of info.
> If maintained and updated it could be a lovely feature (I felt all warm
> when I first saw the view when Nautilus went public). I'm prepared to
> take it on if the community isn't quite ready to give up on it.

I will disable it so it won't get built or installed, but I will still be
there if anyone wants to work on it.

About the long term future list... If people work on it and make it good
we can surely add it back, but I'm not personally gonna prioritize it.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a genetically engineered chivalrous shaman with a mysterious suitcase
handcuffed to his arm. She's a provocative junkie politician with an MBA from
Harvard. They fight crime!