[Nautilus-list] Re: "merging" theme "engines"

On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 13:51, Darin Adler wrote:

> This issue can be resolved by removing toolbar icons from the Nautilus
> themes. We don't have to remove the *capability* of theming the Nautilus
> toolbar icons as long as no on does it.
>
> And we can remove the Nautilus toolbar icon theming too, if we want to take
> the time out to do that. If no one uses it in their themes, then it will be
> a very easy and quiet change whenever we do it.

This only fixes part of the problem though.  For example, theres
currently a bug in bugzilla about allowing Evolution to use the same
icons that Nautilus uses for files.  Wouldn't it be possible to extend
nautilus and gtk so that themes could override the stock icons/mime
icons/etc.?