[Nautilus-list] "merging" theme "engines"

On 3/5/02 1:42 PM, "David Emory Watson" <dwatson cs ucr edu> wrote:

> Has anything been decided on whether or not we will merge the gtk and
> nautilus theme engines?  While this has been a consistency issue between
> different gnome applications, it is becoming a consistency issue within
> nautilus itself.
>
> For example, ideally the mini icon for refresh should match the
> corresponding tool bar icon.  I'm not sure if this is important in
> relation to this patch, but longer term we definitely need a solution.

This issue can be resolved by removing toolbar icons from the Nautilus
themes. We don't have to remove the *capability* of theming the Nautilus
toolbar icons as long as no on does it.

And we can remove the Nautilus toolbar icon theming too, if we want to take
the time out to do that. If no one uses it in their themes, then it will be
a very easy and quiet change whenever we do it.

It seems very unlikely that the gtk theme engine would be expanded to
include all the things in a Nautilus theme, so I'm not sure what "merging
the gtk and nautilus theme engines" would mean besides this.

    -- Darin