Re: [Nautilus-list] fallback icons ...

On 3/5/02 8:49 AM, "Michael Meeks" <michael ximian com> wrote:

> Is it possible that this change:
>
> [snip]
> 2002-01-22  Seth Nickell  <snickell stanford edu>
> * libnautilus-private/nautilus-find-icon-image.c:
> (make_full_icon_path), (get_themed_icon_file_path),
> (nautilus_get_icon_file_name):
>
> Add support for looking in DATADIR/share/pixmaps/document-icons
> as a fallback for the current theme and the fallback theme.
>
> Remove hardcoded "default" theme stuff.
> [snip]
>
> screwed up the ultimate fallback to the i-regular icon, which since it
> has an associated text rectangle allows the in-icon text preview ? I can
> only see the preview when I delete the default icons.

Maybe this is so. But I'm having a hard time understanding what is going
wrong, and I'd like to understand better.

Is the problem that an icon is showing up with a blank space, and no
embedded text?

Or is the problem that an icon shows up that is a fancy one that doesn't
have an appropriate blank space for embedded text?

Also, what specific file type are we talking about here?

> Furthermore, it seems this code path is relied on for svg themes, I see
> pixmaps with no embedded text in svg themes by default.

Again, which icons are we talking about for which file type?

The way it's supposed to work is that the icon is located, and then that
icon's metadata (in the .xml file) is what determines whether text can be
embedded in the icon. Other icons that were involved in the search should
not matter once the icon is located.

    -- Darin

PS: I would have called it a ".icon" file or something like that if I had
known more about filename extensions when I defined that file.