Re: [Nautilus-list] fallback icons ...

Hi Darin,

On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 18:36, Darin Adler wrote:
> Maybe this is so. But I'm having a hard time understanding what is going
> wrong, and I'd like to understand better.

	Ok - so am I, but here is my guess.

	. we only see embedded text if you have a .xml file describing the
region to render to.
	. we only (really) have a .xml file for the 'i-regular.svg' icon
	. we only use the i-regular.svg icon if we have no other matching icon.
	. we _used_ to not have a match for text/plain
	. with the new 'default' code we always hit the gnome-text-plain icon
in the default theme [ which incidentally is png not .svg leading to
somewhat acute ugliness ].

	Thus we don't get the right icon with the default theme installed [ or
the code changes in there, as you like ], and thus we don't get in-icon
text.

> Also, what specific file type are we talking about here?

	text/plain.

> The way it's supposed to work is that the icon is located, and then that
> icon's metadata (in the .xml file) is what determines whether text can be
> embedded in the icon. Other icons that were involved in the search should
> not matter once the icon is located.

	Sure - it's the icon location that's the problem, and we're falling
back to the 'default' theme and we just don't want to I think.

	I hope that expands it a bit; running the ScaleableGorilla theme [ that
I keep banging on about ] shows it quite clearly.

	Regards,

		Michael.