Re: [Nautilus-list] Creating Launchers with Nautilus. Potensial patch.

<quote who="Alex Larsson">

> Writing into vfolders is quite complicated, since it is not at all
> specified where the result will be stored, and what will happen to the
> file. E.g. If you store it in applications///Applications/Programming,
> will the desktop file magically get the Application and Development
> keywords?
>
> Basically, you have to write the file somewhere else, and make sure that
> the vfolder specifications pick up the directory you write to.

Surely it's easy enough to save any modifications to somewhere in a user's
.gnome directory, and read that dir along with the others? (Should users
ever be able to modify 'system' .desktop files? I wouldn't think so, but
there could be a good reason for them to somewhere.)

- Jeff

--
   "Can we have a special TELSABUG category, and everything gets dropped
                     to fix them first?" - Telsa Gwynne