Re: [Nautilus-list] Creating Launchers with Nautilus. Potensial patch.

> > It fails when trying to write to any
> > directory under Applications:///, with the error:
> > Error writing file 'applications:///Internet/No name': Invalid URI
>
> Hmmm. Maybe there is an issue with the applications: method. Can you write
> to other URIs?

I can write to trash and of course file://. But preferences:/// work
exactly the same as
applications. You can try this out yourself, because copying any file
from any other directory to these URIs will result in the same error.
The fix should probably make sure both things work correctly.

> Is applications: the vfolder method btw? If so, i can sort of see writing
> there being "hard".

I don't really know. I'm not very experienced in either C or Gnome, but
have recently started trying to help around with some Nautilus coding,
since I think this is a pretty good way of learning it.
Even if it is vfolders, the gnome_desktop_item_save, should probably
abstract this away, and let you write directly to these URIs, or there
should be a new call, like Havoc suggested.

Gaute