Re: Reducing the number of special uris in gnome

On 28 Jun 2002, Christian Rose wrote:

> fre 2002-06-28 klockan 18.45 skrev Dave Bordoley:
> > > So you want to expose the fact to users that our settings dialogs are in
> > > fact applications?
> >
> > Seth already made this decision when he put preferences in the
> > applications menu (and therefore in the applications:// directory).
>
> I suspect the reason behind that was so that not yet another top-level
> menu had to be created.

Yeah. Most probably an aversion towards reading menu.c

> I see no reason why we should move that layout into other places. It
> doesn't make sense to expose to the user that everything
> implementation-wise is a seperate application, nor to force the user to
> think of it like that.

Exactly. And i think we should actually move them up a level in the gnome
menu too.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a notorious overambitious cowboy who dotes on his loving old ma. She's a
brilliant goth magician's assistant who can talk to animals. They fight crime!