Re: [G2R] Re: PATCH for some random stuff.

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 02:07, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>
> On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 17:19, Bruce Robert Pocock wrote:
> > Devil's Advocate: Would this be an issue in cases of e.g. one user, two
> > machines, where the preference might be active on one machine but
> > archaic on the other? That's the Microsoft explanation for the Windows
> > policy of "never delete from the Registry..."
>
> 	If there is no gconf value related to the key gconf returns false, 0,
> ... so it seems there is no problem to me.

Forgetting preferences that you inconvenienced the user to enter is an
egregious sin. I don't know whether its worse to have a cluttered
"registery" or occasionally forget some user preferences, but I think
the former is safer (particularly, as Bruce points out, in a multiple
machine environment)

-Seth