Tree View sidebar / List View

Obviously not for the short term, but how feasible would it be to unify
the code for the Tree View sidebar and the ListView?  I haven't ever
written a sidebar view or a regular view, but from a preliminary and
quick glance over the code I don't see very many compelling reasons for
keeping them separate (aside, perhaps, from the desire to keep the List
view a purely list view).  It seems that (eventually) there will be a
lot of code-duplication there what with (ideally) both supporting Drag
and Drop, etc.

As long as I'm talking about it, I don't know if there is a bug filed or
not, but the List View should probably not pop up and menu with "Arrange
Items" on it, seeing how it doesn't, well, do anything with it.

--Shahms