Re: Mime types and nautilus

On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 12:40, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 13:20, George Farris wrote:
> >
> > 	Shelf in sidebar. Drag files to shelf. drag shelf to destination.
> >

> explain a little please. What is this feature? Even better file a bug.

When wanting to copy a number of files cut and paste is nice but it
doesn't give any feedback and dragging and dropping files is just a pain
many times.  So I imagine:

- User selects many files and drags them to the sidebar shelf.
- Files show up as icon list in sidebar or something similar so user can
see what they copied/moved.
- Change to new or other directory in Nautilus.
- Click anywhere in shelf doesn't have to be on icon and drag files to
right hand side.
- Viola files are copied/moved.
- Copy/move doesn't have to be done immediately as the user can always
see whats in the shelf until it's emptied/used.

Basically it's a vfolder temporary storage space.  One could even build
up a group of files from different directories and then copy them.

--
George Farris - VE7FRG
George gmsys com