Re: Mime types and nautilus

Right and I think we all agree that there has been an incredible amount
of good work and underlying support code in the newest GNOME.  Well done
to all GNOME developers.  However, if these types of things aren't dealt
with asap GNOME will fall even further behind.

This is why a clear indication from the release team about what will be
addressed in 2.0.1 and 2.2 will offer hope.  I'm hoping that these items
are addressed:

Nautilus:
	Open tar and tar.gz files.
	Open rpm files.
	Better handling of unknown mime.
	SMB share support without password in location.
	Web view via Galeon.
	Shelf in sidebar. Drag files to shelf. drag shelf to 	destination.

In short - rock solid file handling.

GNOME/GTK:
	Better file selector.
	Easy Menu editing.
	Application launch indication.
	Consistent setup tools (Ximian setup)
	Really good print system support with queue management.
	More documentation for developers.
	Documentation of settings available for advanced users.

I believe those would go a long way to helping GNOME with new and old
users alike.

Cheers all.