Re: slow URI latency issue ...

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> > 2. even if i manually enter the url loading of ftp sites seems to take
> > ages and well just kind of dies on me (i suspect vfs is also probably at
> > fault here)
>
> Part of the problem here is making too many control connections
> instead of trying to recycle one (or maybe some small number) per
> server.
>
> Another problem is that the attributes that nautilus will result in a
> separate round trip for every file, in addition to the basic
> list. Someone could look into why this happens and see if there is a
> way to avoid it.

Wow. Does it re-authenticate for each request? I can believe that is slow.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a witless soccer-playing librarian who knows the secret of the alien
invasion. She's a green-fingered African-American schoolgirl from a different
time and place. They fight crime!