[Nautilus-list] Re: Constructive Criticism Revisted

Sorry about this, I have one more thing. I urge the developers to think
about usability. To test my proposed UI, I sent a screenshot of my
desktop with the current Nautilus 1.0.6 open and one with my revised
Nautilus window open. BTW, I sent this to a friend of mine that is
computer illiterate and has never used linux before. In fact, he's never
used anything other windows. I asked him then how he would go about
doing simple tasks like viewing the contents of a cd, floppy, how to
copy files to a floppy, how to access the local network neighborhood,
etc..... Needless to say, the results were obviously weighed towards my
revised nautilus UI. He didn't have a clue on how to begin navigation
from the screenshot with the current Nautilus UI. With my revised UI, he
knew exactly what to do. He said it was "straight forward." I know you
consider this to come from a Bias source but it's something to think
about regardless.